So! It’s been one week on my new skin care routine. I don’t have too much to update about, because there hasn’t been some miraculous one-week change or anything, but still, good things are definitely happening!
We’ll do the Pros and Cons. Cons go first because they are SO minimal.
• When using jojoba oil as moisturizer, it seems to oil up my eyelashes, making my mascara not stick as well! So I am getting raccoon eyes often. Not a big deal!
• I don’t want to keep the honey jar in the shower because I don’t want to get water in it. So, I have to scoop some in my hand and get into the shower with it. So a few times I have forgotten and had to hop out and scoop. Not even remotely a big deal.
• If you walk around with a honey mask on, your boyfriend WILL try to lick your face. Kind of a big deal.
• So far no affect on scars, or rosacea/redness. But honestly, it’s only been a week. I don’t expect it.
That’s it. Seriously, no real complaints.
• I’ve had an ingrown eyelash for weeks, maybe months now. I could see it through the skin, but it wasn’t sure what to do! (I know, gross!) I read online that I would most likely have to go and have it extracted. Eeep! Anyway, this week it miraculously fixed itself! I don’t know how, but I do believe it was my skin care! Because it hadn’t changed in weeks and weeks, and then all of a sudden I woke up and I couldn’t see the lash anymore, but had a little redness where it was. By mid-day – no lash, no redness. All healed up. Magic!
• So far, I am successfully keeping myself from picking at my face. I have had a few small pimples show up—and while it was torture not poking at them—because I didn’t, they went away the very next day. Usually, if I got 1 pimple, it would last for days, then I’d have a sore there for days, then a scab for weeks. So, from blemish to no blemish in one day is amazing for me.
• I am getting less acne over all. 90% of blackheads and visible pores on my nose are gone.
• My skin is much more hydrated than before. I can see it and feel it.
• I love the feeling of everything. The honey is a dream to wash with, the jojoba is moisturizing and easy to apply, and the aloe is super soothing and I can feel it soaking right in. My face used to feel SO tight after using any, even gentle, face washes.
So, overall, I would say that looks-wise – no major changes really. But routine and feeling-wise – I love it. I am hoping that maybe I never need to buy another fancy face wash/scrub/toner/serum/lotion ever again!
Here’s my Day 1, and Day 7 photos. I know the quality isn’t great, but the photo on the left is Day 1, in the AM, no makeup. On the right is Day 7, after my workout (which is why I am slightly pink) but no makeup. I don’t see a huge difference, but definitely less marks overall.
Also, maybe its just that I am looking at the iPhone camera… but how did I not know that I have a wonky eye!? I kinda love it. Wonky eyes are where its at!
Here’s me, with a little makeup.
Really, Mom? you never told me I had a wonky eye?! For shame. I may need to join the Thom Yorke fan club or something out of solidarity.